18 (CHAI) IDEALS TO Heal your Body, Mind and Spirt
1. When you see the relationship between your thoughts and your experience in life you have taken the largest step
toward health and freedom.
2. Punishment and grudges, towards yourself or others, keeps you shackled to the past. Become willing to let go.
3. Forgiveness is a warm and gentle rain-washing away our negative view of the past.
4. Other people's behavior is about them, not about you.
5. Suffering comes from a compulsive and continuous search for happiness outside of you.
6. It is your thoughts alone that cause you pain. It is also your thoughts alone that will set you free.
7. Train your mind to be on the lookout for the positive. When good things happen say, "What else is going to go right
8. There is absolutely nothing in the world that has the power to ruin your day. If you are upset it is because you have
directed your mind to be so.
9. When you are upset remind yourself the cause of your discomfort is your own attitude.
10. Don't automatically react. Pause, and direct your mind and actions in the direction you choose.
11. When you hold onto past resentments you hurt yourself. When you offer compassion and understanding you heal yourself.
12. Joy does not come from what you are doing, but rather from your thoughtful presence while you are doing it. Therefore,
any activity can offer joy.
13. A key ingredient to happiness is to realize that now is the only time there is and each instant is for giving.
14. Remind yourself often: All thoughts create. Then decide what it is that you want to make.
15. Patience and tolerance bring you happiness. Anger and hatred bring you suffering.
16. Look to your heart and find reasons to be happy instead of looking to the past and to the world for reasons to be upset.
17. Look to your own thoughts and actions, instead of pointing your finger
18. Being happy has nothing to do with how much you have, and everything to do with how grateful you are for what you do